732-724-2614 732-853-1038 732-724-3025
Oncology Social Workers help patients, families, and caregivers cope with cancer and its many challenges by providing concrete and supportive services.
We provide information, referrals, and assistance with coordination for:
- Assistance Navigating Government Benefits & Entitlements
- Caregiver Support
- Crisis Intervention
- Fertility & Family Planning (Harvesting/Storing)
- Financial Advocacy Click here for information on Financial Advocacy.
- Fitness, Nutrition & Wellness Programs Click here for the Dial-a-Dietitian Program.
- Food Pantries, Home Delivered Meals & Soup Kitchens
- Health Insurance Enrollment
- Mental Health Counseling (individual and family)
- Non-Medical Home Care
- Stress Management
- Support Groups (Patient, Family Caregiver, Bereavement, Survivorship) Click here for a list of Support Groups.
- Technology Support
- Transportation Coordination
Astera Social Work staff facilitate monthly Compass programs to help patient and families better navigate the cancer journey. Click here for a list of upcoming Compass programs here.
Our Social Workers will assist with coordination of transportation using county options (for individuals either 60+ years of age or can show proof of disability if under age 60) or foundation subsidies. For more information or assistance, please contact 732-853-1038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you receive Medicaid benefits, please visit this website: https://www.nj.gov/humanservices/dmahs/home/logisticare.html