Important Notice About COVID-19
To Our Patients:
As a dedicated provider of cancer care, we are committed to your and your family’s health. We also understand that you have concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic and continue to encourage our patients to receive the vaccine.
At Astera Cancer Care, we continue to closely monitor the evolving situation, following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and taking a series of specific actions to protect our patients. These actions include the following special precautions:
We are scheduling patient visits in our office as well as through telemedicine.
- Patients can schedule an in-office visit, or utilize our remote, video-based telemedicine system where patients can see their Provider from the safety and comfort of their homes.
International and domestic travel.
- Due to the continued COVID-19 pandemic across all countries, there remains an increased risk of spread upon return from international travel. We are following the recommendations of the New Jersey Dept. of Health. All air passengers arriving in the U.S. from a foreign country are required to be tested for COVID-19 no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to present the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight.
- Patients who have traveled domestically will no longer need to quarantine for two weeks after returning, provided they received their final vaccination more than two weeks before the travel began.
- Patients who have not received the vaccine and travel domestically should get tested 1-3 days before their trip, 3-5 days after travel, and stay home and self-quarantine for 7 days after domestic travel. For those traveling to New Jersey, domestic travel is defined as lasting 24 hours or longer to states other than those connected to New Jersey, such as Pennsylvania, New York and Delaware.
We continue to use Clearwave, a remote check in process.
- We recommend our patients to complete the pre-check process through this system, to maximize safety and shorten our wait time.
- If you are not able to complete the remote check-in process, please check in at our Clearwave kiosks, located in our waiting rooms.
- Patients can be accompanied by one visitor. Unfortunately, due to social distancing, we cannot currently allow visitors in the treatment rooms.
We will continue to see new patients.
- All new patient records will be reviewed, and we will make every effort to schedule patients with a new diagnosis of cancer within 48 hours, as dictated by our present policy. These visits may be scheduled in-office or through our telemedicine system.
Staff will be continuing to wear surgical masks to decrease the risk of infection. We are still prioritizing COVID-19 safety measures and remind everyone that masks are required in our offices. We also urge everyone to continue to practice social distancing. Please be sure to follow the recommended infection-control guidelines, which come from the CDC.
As things change, we will adjust our policies and practices to respond appropriately to new developments. At the same time, we intend to keep you informed about best infection-control practices and what you need to know to keep yourself and your loved one safe.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 732-390-7750.
Science Guides Us. Compassion Drives Us.
Astera Cancer Care is founded on 3 pillars of care:
technology, and treatment
support for every individual
Harnessing collective knowledge by working together for every patient
From Our Patients
As oncologists and hematologists, we combine our expertise, compassion, and dedication with today’s most advanced protocols and treatments to provide you care and hope.