Learn About Astera Cancer Care’s Upcoming Events and Seminars
At Astera Cancer Care, education for and commitment to the community are central to our tradition of cancer care and hematology excellence. Along with providing expert, experienced care, we regularly participate in, sponsor and organize events to benefit and inform patients, their families and the Central Jersey medical community.
Join us for the American Cancer Society Making Strides of Central New Jersey Walk
We are excited to announce that Astera Cancer Care will be participating in various community-wide initiatives and service activities that align with our vision and goals.
Date: Sunday, October 23, 2022
Walk Location: Middlesex County College, 2600 Woodbridge Avenue, Edison, NJ
Sign-in begins: 8:30am
Walk begins: 10:00am
1. Join the Astera Team: Register here to come with your family and friends to the event. See Astera Registration Instructions below: Click Here
2. Donate to ACS/Astera Team: The Astera team goal for this walk is $10,000. Help us reach our goal: Click Here
- A few FAQs to note:
- No registration fee
- All ages welcome
- Handicap accessible
- Free parking
- Restrooms available
- Dogs are allowed but must be leashed (please use personal determination if a large event is appropriate for your dog’s personality)
- No food vendors on site, but refreshments and snacks are provided
- Rain or shine event (unless there is a hurricane)
- Route is approximately 3 miles long. It is a loop repeated 3 times. If you cannot walk all 3 miles you do not have to!
For additional information please contact Neshama Marcus, LCSW, (732) 853-1038, Neshama.Marcus@asterahealthcare.org
Meditation & Light Stretching: Tuesday, October 11th, 6pm-6:30pm
All Patients & Family Members Welcome
- No experience necessary
- All levels welcome
- No equipment required
- Masks required
- Please bring a bottle of water with you
Cancer & Sexuality: Monday, October 17th 10am-11am
Understand how cancer has affected your sexual functioning and what you can do about it.
Learn more about:
- Cancer Symptoms & Treatment Side Effects
- Intimacy Ups & Downs
- Desire & Motivation
- Body Image Issues
- Creative Thinking & Troubleshooting
- How to Start an Open Dialogue with your Partner
Side Effects Of Cancer Therapies – Chemotherapy, Hormonal Therapy, And Immunotherapy
A better understanding of cancer-related conditions and how they can be managed is possible.
Taught by Astera Cancer Care specialists and other local medical experts, our online presentations
address some of the most pertinent areas in cancer treatments and advancements.
To register, please visit https://tinyurl.com/Fein2022.
Let’s Talk About Oncology & Hematology Disease Related Anxiety
Do you experience anxiety or depression? Would you like to learn more about what you can do to manage symptoms and find support? Please join us for a virtual educational program on Thursday, November 10, 2022, from 7:00-8:00pm.
To register, please visit https://tinyurl.com/AsteraMarcus2022.
Communicating with Loved Ones During Stressful Times – Monday, November 14 10-11am
Tired of sharing your feelings or concerns with loves ones over and over again but feel like you are not getting through to them? Tired of feeling like a doormat or prioritizing other people’s feelings over your own?
Learn tips and tricks for communicating effectively with loves ones including how to:
- Share your story in a way that they can understand
- Manage your expectations of others
- Identify your most trusted support people
For more information or to register, please contact Lauren Kriegel, LCSW, OSW-C, Social Worker, at (732) 724-2764 or Lauren.Kriegel@asterahealthcare.org.
Science Guides Us. Compassion Drives Us.
Astera Cancer Care is founded on 3 pillars of care:
technology, and treatment
support for every individual
Harnessing collective knowledge by working together for every patient
From Our Patients
As oncologists and hematologists, we combine our expertise, compassion, and dedication with today’s most advanced protocols and treatments to provide you care and hope.